Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Packing Up

In two weeks, we are moving house. This departure has been in the making for almost 7 months. Long exit time = long time to prepare... or so I thought. There's probably more reflection to do before I go into the more profound thoughts of leaving something I've been intrinsically invloved in for 14 years, so that is for another blog.

At present, we are in the throws of packing. The house is beginning to look like an empty shell filled with boxes. What's more indicitive of our situation though, is the empty back yard. Last week we "re-homed" our dog... the first exciting thing Andy and I bought as married couple - the first 'extra' member of our family, if you will. I was so well prepared for this possibility that it became much of a non-event: we took some photos, bundled her into the car and simply gave her away... strange.

Meanwhile, our remaining pet seemed a lit
tle distressed, taking up residence in the vacated dog kennel:

That... or completely taken with the idea - like a pig to mud... or in this case: like a chook to dust. At last she is the remaining royal monarch...

Only 2 days later, she too was re-homed. She is now the embodiment of beauty and sophistication in a chook pen filled with a representative of possibly every breed of chook known to man. Judging by her reaction when I went to say goodbye to her, she is more than little bit upset about her current place of residence. No doub
t in time she will be the Queen of the pen with the others reformed to be her loyal subjects.

So while we send our house into a state of disarray and calamity as the moving date looms, some things must stay the same - so as to maintain the sanity level of all the inhabitants of this house...



No comments: